A Bit About Me.

Hi my name is Brigit Johnson, I am a Special Education major at The University of South Alabama. I am a girl scout troop mom and I love to travel. I look forward to having my own classroom and working with my students. I plan to bring fun to education so the students in enjoy learning. I have a positive attitude that I want to share with my students so the can see the importance of education and acheive great success.

Tuesday, November 17, 2009

You Are Not Alone

Two people holding hands and it is written on their arms you are not alone. As a new teacher it can be very overwhelming trying to figure out how to get in the grove of things. You may know all the protocol for what needs to be done, but actually being in the classroom is different and can be scary. It is good to know that you have help and support and it is OK to ask for help. All teachers have to start out the same way trying to figure out how to reach the students and not pull out their hair.

The excitement of finally being through with school and the knot in your stomach when all the kids finally arrive in the class the first day is is all part of being a new teacher. Make sure you voice your concerns and be willing to listen to the more seasoned teachers on how to deal with matters. The first year of teaching can be an exciting roller coaster so hold on and enjoy the ride. Here is a great website with tips and ideas to make your first year a success.

Free Teaching Resources

No comments:

Post a Comment